Firstly I’d like to state that I’m very much basing this article around living in Hua Hin. I lived in Bangkok for 9 years and although I love the capital I don’t miss the pollution and the traffic. Hua Hin offers a far healthier, more relaxed lifestyle; it’s been a breath of fresh air to be honest. So here are some major health benefits of living in Thailand:
1. The year round warm climate allows plenty of outdoor time. I spend little to no time shut up indoors watching TV
2. Exercise is easy – with the average temperature here being 30 degrees it’s so much easier to get up and go. It’s never too cold to go swimming, play golf or go for a run.
3. Eating ‘al fresco’ – enjoying food outside makes dining so much more enjoyable, especially when you are eating like a
king for a fiver.
4. No air pollution – with the sea close by and surrounded by mountains there is plenty of breeze which means the air quality is very good.
5. Fresh food – Thailand (most notably places near the sea) offers an abundance of fresh fruit and seafood. Visit any market and be dazzled by the fare on offer. A visit to Hua Hin fish market in the morning is quite an experience.
6. A prolonged life – living in a tropical climate gives you more vitamin D resulting in stronger bones, higher energy levels, lowers the risk of cancer, lowers the risk of dying from pneumonia.
Gender fluidity discussions seem to be all the rage right now- and the amount of rage they can cause is deeply disturbing. New terms like LGBTQI+ and hot topics like toilet allocations get everyone very hot and bothered. And not in a fun way…
Anyone remotely alive- and that means all of us- know what it is like to feel like the wind has been taken out of our sails and we are sitting, to take the metaphor to it’s natural conclusion, like a rudderless rowboat in the centre of the Doldrums…
Founded in 1296 and located some 700 kilometres north of Bangkok, Chiang Mai has long played an important role in not only the economy and history of Thailand, it has also been a hugely significant political hub…
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
Functional Always active
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.